<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 15, 2004

Fr. Pavone and Fr. McBrien square off on the O'Reilly Factor
(ABOVE LINK: Entire Transcript)
(Segment below)
"...PAVONE: Father McBrien, are you forgetting the word "proportionate"?
MCBRIEN: No. In fact -- in fact, Ratzinger...
PAVONE: Then how come you didn't mention it?
MCBRIEN: Ratzinger used the word. I've just written a poem about this.
PAVONE: But you didn't. Listen, you're misleading this audience. The cardinal said that one can vote...
MCBRIEN: I'm glad you're not.
PAVONE: The cardinal said -- he used the words "for proportionate reasons." Now I ask Father McBrien, I ask our viewers what is proportionate to 3,500...
MCBRIEN: Well, let me give you...
O'REILLY: Who, whoa, whoa. Let him finish, Father. I'll give you time.
PAVONE: ... 3,500 innocent children being deliberately destroyed, not my words, but the words of these abortionists, heads being crushed, arms and legs being torn off.
O'REILLY: All right. So you put it at the head of the list.
PAVONE: There's nothing more proportionate.
O'REILLY: OK. I got it.
PAVONE: Now that -- we don't need a Vatican cardinal to tell us about that..."

PADRE POINT:
ONE, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church??? (Thanks be to God for Fr. Pavone and other strong Bishops but where is our unity as a Church....Bishops, Priests, etc...disagreeing on the fundamental defense of precious innocent life, some endorsing Kerry, who has been endorsed by Planned Parenthood!).



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com