<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Last Debate: Kerry on Abortion
‘The New York Times reports that some Catholic archbishops are telling their church members that it would be a sin to vote for a candidate like you because you support a woman’s right to choose an abortion and unlimited stem cell research. What is your reaction to that?’’

KERRY: "I completely respect their views. I am a Catholic. And I grew up learning how to respect those views, but I disagree with them, as do many,’’ Kerry said. ‘‘I believe that I can’t legislate or transfer to another American citizen my article of faith. What is an article of faith for me is not something that I can legislate on somebody who doesn’t share that article of faith. I believe that a woman’s choice is between a woman, God and her doctor. And that’s why I support that. Now I will not allow somebody to come in and change Roe v. Wade. I will defend the right of Roe v. Wade.’’

PADRE POINT: First of all, abortion is not an article of faith but rather, MORALS.
Secondly, according to the Senator, the choice to kill an unborn child is “between a woman, GOD, and her doctor”? So, which God is this that Kerry worships…Baal (pagan god that children were sacrificed to)? Finally, Kerry states that he is ‘Catholic’ but disagrees with the Church on an authoritative teaching of morality….but he respects the Bishops. Don’t obedience and respect go hand in hand when it comes to objective truth?
My point: Sen. Kerry is unfit for office! If he can’t be honest and faithful to God & the Church, how could we ever trust him to lead our country?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com