<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Cardinal O'Malley!
Well deserved honor for Archsbishop Sean O'Malley, named a cardinal by Pope Benedict XVI.
Statement from Boston Archbishop Sean O'Malley:
"I am deeply humbled and honored to be named a Cardinal by the Holy Father, for even greater service in the Church."While there are certain additional responsibilities that come with the privilege of serving as a Cardinal, I wish to reaffirm a commitment I made during my Installation Homily to the priests, deacons, religious and laity, who together form this great Archdiocese of Boston. That is, I am your Shepherd, your brother, and I am here to serve all the people of the Archdiocese....READ MORE (SOURCE)

15 new Cardinals, including Archbishop William Levada &, Krakow Archbishop Stanislaw Dziwisz,
longtime personal secretary of Pope John Paul II.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com